In order to receive better video quality, the system often uses high-gain flat antenna, which usually comes with narrow effective angle. The design of MFD AAT is to solve problem that the antenna could not receive good quality image with the narrow angles.
In order to compose complete system, you need to install TeleFlyOSD module on the aircraft. TeleFlyOSD read data from GPS and modulates the coordinate and altitude information of aircraft, then transmits the GPS to the ground via the audio channel of your AV transmitter.
How MFD AAT Works:
1. The TeleFlyOSD is connected to your GPS module and fetch the GPS coordinates data to the ground via the audio channel of your Wireless AV transmitter.
The encoded signal through AUDIO channel fed through the AAT (Automatic Antenna Tracker) to the MyFlyDream AAT Driver(AATDriver).
AAT Driver handles the signal and controls the servos to tracking your airplane
What makes the MyFlyDream Tracking System so special:
1. You don¡ät have to buy a certain OSD type to be able to track your plane. Instead you can simply use the OSD you like the most. Or even track your plane without an OSD. The new TeleFlyOSD offers the possibility to get an OSD for FREE, it is the same price as the TeleFlyLite (discontinued). You can use the OSD feature or just use the TeleFlyOSD the same way you did the TeleFlyLite... as an audio modem combined with your favorite OSD or without an OSD, it¡äs your choice.
2. The high quality slipring provides endless rotation, meaning endless freedom, you will never again temporarily loose your signal because the tracker has reached its maximum rotation angle and is turning over to the other side. The 12CH AAT Package includes a 12 channel slipring, so you have 7 spare channels where you can feed another signal through. You can use that for a second video channel and/or an extra audio channel.
3. The built-in compass unit makes setting up the tracker on the flying field a breeze. No need to check the correct orientation by hand or walk around with your plane in hand, just put your MyFlyDream AAT on a tripod or other support, connect everything with a power source, wait for a proper GPS fix, push "Set Home" and FLY. It¡äs as simple as that.
4. The TeleFlyOSD weighs only 8g and is very small (46x25x7mm) . It can be added to almost every setup easily even where the space is very sparse and weight is always an issue. It also offers basic OSD features like :
On the ground it is fed through the AAT (Automatic Antenna Tracker) to the MyFlyDream-Driver. The Driver handles the signal and controls the servos to turn the AAT.
1x MFD 12CH Tracker
1x AAT Driver
1x GPS Module and antenna
1x USB Programmer with cable (hardware upgrade use)
OSD system can display: flying time, GPS information, homing direction, distance, Height, Speed, etc.
This is newest version, comes with OSD and GPS. 12CH tracker is suitable for double receivers (one receiver is okay too)